Online Reviews

Read the Full Review Here: IT Central Station Reviews

What is most valuable?

We have used the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Citrix session recording features, and have found them to be extremely valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We were asked by security auditors to monitor vendor connections to our assets (servers and users’ workstations) when providing tech support via live connection. This enables us to keep track of those sessions, and monitor unsolicited connections should they occur.

What needs improvement?

A built in utility that alerts when connections are made, either via RDP or ICA.

For how long have I used the solution?

About six weeks.

What was my experience with deployment of the solution?

Not really. When following the written instructions, it goes pretty smoothly.

Sequencing of the products needed for IE:

1. The database
  2. The dashboard
  3. The licensing server.

It is intuitive, but spread throughout the instruction manual. For instance, you have to change the password for the Records service, and it is on a last page. Just read through the whole manual.

What do I think about the stability of the solution?

It just runs. So far, it has been working seamlessly.

What do I think about the scalability of the solution?

It is not an issue for us.

How are customer service and technical support?

Customer Service:Excellent; attentive, acquainted with networking environments, and seems to be genuinely interested in getting us the right solution at the right price.

Technical Support:I have had to do all of these installs after 21:00, and support was almost always there for me live on the phone. In one case, I had an immediate response via email, and received the solution. They are really, readily available and knowledgeable of the product in virtual, as well as physical environments.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?

This was our first solution.

How was the initial setup?

The steps for installation are all there, you just have to read the document fully before you start the install. I do not know about others, but I like to install first, and read later. In this case, it paid off to read first.

What about the implementation team?

We were the vendor team that installed for one of our clients.

What was our ROI?

To be determined (TBD).

What’s my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?

We budgeted for five hours for installation. We had the dashboard server and seven machines, which we are recording. It depends on the number of machines that you are going to install. Allow for a half an hour per recorded machine. It starts to go much faster as you do them. You will probably get it down to 15-20 minutes per machine after the first five.

We went with subscription licensing. It paid off big time for us as we installed the V.3, and just received V.4 without paying for the upgrade.

Which other solutions did I evaluate?

We had heard good things, started with this one, and have never looked back.

What other advice do I have?

Utilize support for installation. They are quick to respond, and quick at getting to the bottom of issues.

**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *